“Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders.”
If I wanted to, I could easily sell this to anyone who has a faintest taste for science fictions, psychological thrillers, non linear narration or to anyone who posses even a slightly romantic heart, but that would be underselling such a piece of art. If one has an appetite for quotes, well an all cuisine platter is on offer here. If you have an eye for art direction and enchanting screenplay, you should know that movie won the Academy award for the screenplay. And for all the fans of Kate or Jim, I don’t even have to spend a word, for this surely is one of their best performance (yes including Reader and Truman Show); but again these are not the only ‘things’ that makes this movie special.
In this work by Charlie Kaufman and Michel Gondry, I wish to draw attention of that elite group among us, who at times look back in their lives and wonder what if. The web of what has happened, what could have happened, and what is currently going on, is knit so beautifully that it leaves you spell bound for days and weeks to follow. The background score and especially the composition by Krogis “Everybody’s got to learn sometime” would automatically find its place in your favorite playlist. To steal a line from a top critic, “It's the rare film that shows us who we are now and who we’re likely, for better or worse, forever to be”
No comments:
Post a Comment